Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
PO Box 999
Richland, WA 99352
- Microstructure-property-processing correlation
- Recrystallization, grain growth
- Solidification processing
- Fatigue and fracture mechanics
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Metallurgical Engineering, Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla
- M.S. in Metallurgical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- B. E. in Metallurgical Engineering, Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur, India
Affiliations and Professional Service
- Joshi VV, S Jana, D Li, H Garmestani, EA Nyberg, and CA Lavender. 2014. "High Shear Deformation to Produce High Strength and Energy Absorption in Mg Alloys." In Magensium Technology 2014: Proceedings of a Symposium Sponsored by the Magnesium Committee of the Light Metals Division of the Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) held during TMS2014, 143rd Annual Meeting & Exhibition, February 16-20, 2014, San Diego, CA, ed. M Alderman, et al, pp. 83-88. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ. doi:10.1002/9781118888179.ch19
- Jana S, and Y Hovanski. 2012. "Fatigue Behaviour of Magnesium to Steel Dissimilar Friction Stir Lap Joints." Science and Technology of Welding and Joining 17(2):141-145. doi:10.1179/1362171811Y.0000000083
- Jana S, Y Hovanski, SP Pilli, DP Field, H Yu, TY Pan, and ML Santella. 2012. "SOLID STATE JOINING OF MAGNESIUM TO STEEL." Chapter 3 in Magnesium Technology 2012: Proceedings of a Symposium Sponsored by the Magnesium Committee of the Light Metals Division of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), March 11-15, 2012, Orlando, Florida, ed. SN Mathaudhu, et al, pp. 11-16. The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society, Warrendale, PA. doi:10.1002/9781118359228.ch3
- Jana S, Y Hovanski, GJ Grant, and KF Mattlin. 2011. "EFFECT OF TOOL FEATURE ON THE JOINT STRENGTH OF DISSIMILAR FRICTION STIR LAP WELDS." In Friction Stir Welding and Processing VI: Proceedings of a symposia sponsored by the Shaping and Forming Committee of the Materials Processing & Manufacturing Division of TMS (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society) Held during the TMS 2011 Annual Meeting & Exhibition February 27-March 3, 2011, San Diego, California, ed. R Mishra, MW Mahoney, Y Sato, Y Hovanski and R Verma, pp. 205-211. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ. doi:10.1002/9781118062302.ch25
- Jana S, RS Mishra, JA Baumann, and GJ Grant. 2010. "Effect of Process Parameters on Abnormal Grain Growth during Friction Stir Processing of a Cast Al Alloy." Materials Science and Engineering. A. Structural Materials: Properties, Microstructure and Processing 528(1):189-199.
- Jana S, RS Mishra, JB Baumann, and GJ Grant. 2010. "Effect of Friction Stir Processing on Fatigue Behavior of an Investment Cast Al-7Si-0.6 Mg Alloy." Acta materialia 58(3):989-1003.
- Jana S, RS Mishra, JB Baumann, and GJ Grant. 2010. "Effect of Friction Stir Processing on Microstructure and Tensile Properties of an Investment Cast Al-7Si-0.6Mg Alloy." Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. A, Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science 41A(10):2507-2521. doi:10.1007/s11661-010-0324-1
- Jana S, Y Hovanski, and GJ Grant. 2010. "Friction Stir Lap Welding of Magnesium Alloy to Steel: A Preliminary Investigation." Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. A, Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science 41A(12):3173-3182 .
- Jana S, RS Mishra, JB Baumann, and GJ Grant. 2009. "Effect of Stress Ratio on the Fatigue Behavior of a Friction Stir Processed Cast Al-Si-Mg Alloy." Scripta Materialia 61(10):992-995.